The St Food Co
The World's Food Adventures
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
In early 2022, Monster & Bear was contacted by the marketing team at Brisbane-based food brand The St Food Co with the prospect of developing their very first TVC production.
From the get-go this was very much a collaborative partnership. St Food Co were interested in assistance from ideation, all the way through to the edit and final delivery.
Embracing the brand tagline “World’s Food Adventures”, the concept involved a St Food Co customer being magically transported from his home into three different food settings which represented St Food Co meals; a Mexican street market, a Japanese restaurant and an American BBQ venue.
It was a very exciting project for us where we got to flex our creative muscles which involved physical comedy, large set builds and yummy food photography.
- This was The St Food Co’s first ever TVC. The marketing team had a strong affinity to their brand but needed help with translating that to a broadcast media format.
- As a relatively new company, their brand was still only localised in the Brisbane area and starting to emerge in other cities. They needed a creative concept that could be received nationally.
- The St Food Co didn’t know how to translate their brand essence “World’s Food Adventures” into a 30 second narrative piece.
This was The St Food Co’s first ever TVC. The marketing team had a strong affinity to their brand but needed help with translating that to a broadcast media format.
As a relatively new company, their brand was still only localised in the Brisbane area and starting to emerge in other cities. They needed a creative concept that could be received nationally.
As a starting point, Monster & Bear conducted a bench-marking activity; we audited what The St Food Co’s competitors were doing in the food space and what their content mixes were like.
Research showed that The St Food Co competitors were mostly producing very similar content – so we ideated on how we can elevate above the noise by bringing the experience of street foods to life – we stayed away from ‘functional’ videos and produced a strong brand narrative.
We came up with an idea that heavily aligned with their core localised branding but came up with a concept that could be broadcast and received both nationally and internationally.
We walked The St Food Co through the process of creating a TVC step-by-step, from Pre to Post Production, making sure they were informed and partnered so they had confidence in what we were doing from the start.
The St Food Co’s first foray into broadcast media has shown very promising signs.
- 6 months on from the initial release has seen an improvement in the company’s brand awareness.
- The St Food Co have seen a continuous month on month increase in sales
- The St Food Co was also named in January as one of the best meal-delivery services in Brisbane by Urban List.